Tuesday, July 01, 2003

Another two hours poured into the black hole of computer hell.
Well I downloaded and installed City Desk, which is Ok but has a headline on it: "My new site" which I did not put in and which I don't want. And, it doesn't have a way to install "comments" that I can find which is the main reason I installed it. So I went to squawkbox.tv which has some type of comment code to slip into your template. Of course I was in Internet Explorer, and on my computer the default lettering for Explorer is something called "Aeterna" so I couldn't read the code. So I went over to Netscape, and simultaneously brought up the blogger.com templates, and squawkbox to get the code in Times New Roman, and tried to install the code, but nothing doing. First, you have to install it between the "head" tags- wherever and what ever they might be. Then- this long ass line of gibberish has to be installed as a single line. So I found something like and installed the code right in alongside the word "head" between the darts. Then I took the other code ( which also had to be installed in a single line) and put it down below, and pressed preview. Voila- no comments and my email address was gone! After a erasing or not preserving my "work" I got my email address back, but could never get the comments thing to appear no matter what. I tried between Head outside the darts, and something else both backwards and frontwards. Asshole Explorer, asshole Aeterna default font ( and how did that get to be the default font I'd love to know?), asshole Netscape, asshole head tags, and especially asshole things that have to be installed as one line, in a small pop up window that can't be resized

No comments: